Monday, July 8, 2013

So long for now, Deaf Education!

I love teaching.  This past school year was definitely my best year yet.  I got to co-teach in a 2nd grade class with hearing and deaf students at Britain Elementary in Irving.  I had a blast.  I had no intention of quitting this year.  The commute is long and I knew it would be tough leaving at 6 am each morning with a baby when Jarrett was traveling.   While on maternity leave, I received a letter from a video relay service in need of interpreters.  After interviewing and meeting with Sorenson, we decided it was perfect for me to work part time.  I really think God took care of us!  I can have very flexible hours and spend more time at home with Stella.  Here are some photos of the last few days of school.






So long, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment