Saturday, July 27, 2013

Happy 1/2 birthday, baby girl!





Stella is (was) 6 months old! 
At 6 months old, Stella is still nursing and sleeping through the night.  She sleeps from 9:30 to 6:30 or so, but she does wake up occasionally in the night.  She eats food one or two times a day.  She eats avocado, sweet potatoes, rice cereal, bananas, carrots, and prunes.  She normally has  couple of tablespoons in the morning and a couple of tablespoons in the afternoon.  I try to get her to feed herself by giving her steamed pieces of potatoes, but she has not really been interested in that.  She is sitting up by herself and rolling over when she wants to.  She thinks her daddy is hilarious and loves to look at Bristol.  She is noisy and loves to yell and scream.  She is tough! She can hang with her cousins and handle nosy dogs sniffs and licks.  I think I say this every month, but I just cannot imagine life before Stella!  We have slowed down, traveled less, gone out to eat less often, and we sleep late never....but she is absolutely worth it.  I love you so much, Stella Beth!

 



 




At her 6 month appointment, she was 26.5 inches long (85th percentile), 19 pounds 2 oz (92nd percentile), and her head circumference 43.7 cm.   I asked Dr. Gray about what I can do to get Stella to nap more during the day.  She does not nap more than 20-30 minutes at a time most days.  In the afternoon, she gets really fussy and tired, but she won't nap.  Dr. Gray told me what my mom and Jarrett have been telling me...it is okay to let her fuss a while in her crib and she is just tired and needs to nap.  We will give that a try!
 She cried for a few seconds after the shots, but she was tough.. and easily distracted with toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment