Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stella's arrival

 I thought this was funny... it is a screen shot (taken by accident probably in a spastic contraction ridden moment). It is the app I used to time my contractions.   Once we got to the hospital, we were so blessed that everything went perfectly.  We arrived around 5 ish. By 7 or 7:30, I had my epidural and life was great!  Stella finally arrive at 2:55pm. She weighed 8 lbs 4 oz and was 20 inches long.
This is the first official photo I got of her!  I love Jarrett's face in it.



After we had her, we knew it was just moments before we were bombarded with my eager family! They had been *patiently* waiting since lunchtime.  I am so thankful for all of the pictures I have that Debi took. Everything was happening so fast, I am not sure I would remember everything.


One proud daddy!

Garrett and Gus are great cousins to Stella! I intially thought Garrett and Gus would have been bored with a baby girl that stole their Aunt Mimi's and Uncle JJ's attention. That was not the case! Jarrett and I are chopped liver. Garrett and Gus only have eyes for Stella!  She loves them. When Garrett holds her, Stella is (not all the time) pretty content looking back at Garrett.
 












As soon as my mom and sisters arrived, they immediately took Stella's swaddle of so they could "oo and ahh" at every inch of her. :)



 





 




 Stella was born into one crazy family, but we love them anyway!! Note: Debi and Annette's shirts say "this is what a crazy AWESOME aunt looks like!"

This is sweet Shelly. She is a L & D nurse at Baylor. When Debi was having Gus, she realized that her nurse was the daughter of her friends at her church. After that, she and Shelly got to be good friends. When I decided to deliver a Baylor, we wanted so badly to go into labor on a night that Shelly was working. We didn't time it right!  Even though Shelly was scheduled off of work and planning on enjoying her day off with her husband on their anniversary, she came in anyway and was there to deliver Stella!  She was awesome!  My doctor was on vacation and I know it would have not been the same without Shelly.
 
The photos are all jumbled up and out of order! Still learning how to work this...

No comments:

Post a Comment