Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hospital Daze



Our days at the hospital flew by! We had several visitors and family ready to help us with anything we needed!  The nurses and everyone at Baylor were great! One funny thing that happened.. Often when we tell people what we were planning on naming Stella (and now what her name is), we hear the famous "Stelllaaaa!"quote from the Marlin Brando movie A Streetcar Named Desire. Well, Jarrett and I have never seen that movie. But, being the Seinfeld fans that we are, we always joke about an episode where Elaine takes too many pain pills, quotes that movie, and screams "Stellllaaa!" during a wedding reception.  In the midst of our exhaustion and the three TV channels the hospital had to offer, that exact Seinfeld episode came on the night Stella was born.  It was fate! :)


And baby makes three!

 The rest of our hospital stay included Jarrett and I looking at Stella and saying "Oh my gosh, this baby was in my belly yesterday" and "what are we going to do with her when we get home?!"






 Courtney came to visit!!





 Julee made this awesome wreath for us! We got so many compliments on it!





 It was time to go home!!  Jarrett could not wait to leave.  I, on the other hand, was dragging my swollen feet! I was nervous about the car ride home.  I did not sit in the back with her.  The mirror fell so I could not see her for part of the ride and I got pretty nervous.  She slept the whole way, though.

Stella's first FaceTime chat, at approximately 7 hours old. 

The next day, Debi and Annette snuck out early in the morning to visit us.




Then, Stella's very smitten cousins joined the fun.  They were immediately in love. 



It was time to go home! Jarrett could not wait to leave.  I, on the other hand, was dragging my swollen feet.  Do the nurses and doctors come home with us?  I was extremely worried about the 40 minute drive home (thank you, hormones).  For part of the drive, the mirror in the back seat fell and I couldn't check on Stella.  She slept the entire way.  My mom was anxious to see us when we arrived home.  She had the house cleaned and dinner cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment