Saturday, April 13, 2013

My last days on maternity leave :(

My last couple of days of maternity flew by (like all of the days of my leave!)  I tried my hardest to take time to just enjoy the day with Stella and savor it.  On Thursday, she slept until 8 AM!  I finally woke her up...we had things to do!

 We started off the day at Bouncing Babies story time at one of the libraries in Arlington.  It was really fun.  The librarian used props and puppets to sing songs and read stories.  We sang along and Stella bounced on my knee.  She really liked the songs.
 



  

 
 Afterwards, we went to lunch at Our Place with Debi and Gus.  We normally go to Joe's, but this place is pretty great too.
 Stella liked when Gus blew air through the straw at her.  Gus kept asking the waitress for "take" AKA cake (the pies they have on display).
 

After lunch, we went home to make a birthday cake for daddy! Jarrett requested Big Red Cake (one of his Aunt Judy's many specialties)




When we finished baking, it was time for us to go out!  Stella had a REAL babysitter while we hit the town  to celebrate Jarrett's 30th.  Francis, who has kept Garrett and Gus, met us at Debi's and watched all three kiddos.  She is awesome and the only one (other than the fam) I would feel okay with leaving her alone with this early.  We went to downtown Fort Worth to ride on the Cowtown Cycle Pub.  It is a 15 passenger trailer that is powered by bicycle pedals at each seat.  You can bring your own food and drinks and there is a driver who navigates through downtown as we power it.  We had so much fun.  It was a cold night, but once we started pedaling we warmed right up! You can stop at bars and pubs as you go.  We stopped at one, then decided to just keep cruising.


We had a lot of fun! I would highly recommend this and I want to do it again soon.  It was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment